The Gastroenterology Department at Kothari Medical Centre is committed to giving patients the best treatment possible for ailments of the digestive and liver systems. We are dedicated to assisting patients in managing and receiving treatment for disorders like Fatty liver, Hepatitis, Crohn’s Disease, Cirrhosis, Ulcerative Colitis and other liver and intestinal diseases from our team of skilled Doctors, Nurses, and Technicians.
In order to provide the best results for our patients, we provide a variety of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, including Endoscopies, Colonoscopies, and Liver biopsies.
Why choose us?
- The Department is considered a proud element of our institution’s best Gastro-medicine heritage.
- The Gastro Sciences department is considered a Centre of Excellence at Kothari and has a reputation that extends beyond the limits of Eastern India and is a pioneer in several Endoscopic methods
- The only facility in India with the most experience using spiral Enteroscopy to diagnose and treat minor intestinal illnesses
- We are the first to install Double Balloon Enteroscopy in the Eastern Zone
- Kothari has well-equipped labs for Immunology, Immunohistochemistry, ELISA testing, markers for Inflammatory Bowel disease, Celiac disease, and Tropical diseases
- The department has advanced diagnostic and interventional radiology units, critical care and high-dependency units
- Services for gastroenterology, hepatology, gastro-intestinal, and bariatric surgery, spiral Enteroscopy for the diagnosis and treatment of small intestine illnesses and more are offered by the department
The Packages of Convenience
If you frequently or persistently have symptoms that are connected to your digestive system, you might think about consulting a gastroenterologist. Abdominal pain, bloating, Diarrhoea, Constipation, Heartburn, Difficulty swallowing, Unexplained weight loss, or changes in Bowel habits are a few examples of these symptoms.
Almost all aspects of Therapeutic Endoscopy are being done in this center, which includes: Bile-Duct Stone Extraction, Bile-Duct Stenting, Nasobiliary Drainage, Endoscopic-variceal sclerotherapy. Endoscopic Variceal band ligation Endoscopic Polypectomy, Endoscopic management of bleeding ulcers, Endoscopic foreign body removal etc.
To achieve the best possible visualization of the gastrointestinal tract during some procedures, such as a Colonoscopy, dietary restrictions or bowel preparation may be necessary. Before your procedure, your Gastroenterologist will give you specific instructions on what to eat, what to avoid eating, and any preparations that are required.
Yes, leading a healthy lifestyle can greatly enhance digestion. A balanced diet, enough hydration, regular exercise, stress management, abstaining from smoking and excessive alcohol use, and frequent checkups are some general recommendations.
The gastroenterologist may refer you to the hospital’s specialised surgical team if surgery is advised. Together, they will decide on the best surgical course of action and administer pre- and post-operative care.
Yes, specific procedures call for advance planning. You will receive thorough instructions from the department on how to get ready for the surgery, including dietary restrictions and any required bowel preparation. For accurate results, it’s critical to carefully follow these directions.